Wednesday, January 2, 2008

January 2, 2008 (Wednesday

Hello again. Not much happening today. My hubby went back to work today after about 10 days off. No offense to him, but I sure like having the house to myself during the day.

Today I'm posting pictures, in tribute to my friend who just passed away this last August, of a trip that I took in May of 2006 with one of my bestfriends. Her name is Darlene. We planned for weeks, and then we "Hit The Road" on a 10 day vacation! We went to Eureka Springs, Arkansas & Branson, Missouri.

This was taken in Siloam Springs by a friend we ate lunch with.

Downtown Eureka Springs, AR (you gotta like to parallel park on hills!)

We stayed at the "Best Western of the Ozarks"

This is outside of a strip mall.

Darlene told me to "Sit, Like I was doing my business!"

We toured the 1886 Cresent Hotel & Spa

We watched the Ozark Mountain Hoe-Down! They were funny & great!!!

One of the singers named Leslie. She's terrific!

A skit they were doing!

We visited Christ Of The Ozarks. This statue is LARGE!!!

I mean REALLY LARGE!

We took the Holy Land Tour! Very Interesting!

Jesus walks on water!

Then we went to see "The Great Passion Play"
Darlene waiting patiently for the play to start!


Waiting anxiously for the play to start. You've gotta see this... it's wonderful!


Then we hopped in the car again & headed for Branson, MO.
We stayed at the Four Seasons Inn, (our room was behind this building...straight down the hill!
It's a beautiful place!

Our Hotel room
We went and saw Shoji. He was wonderful!!!!

The women's bathroom at Shoji's. You gotta see this for yourself!


Darlene & I posing in Shoji's bathroom.

We saw the Pam Tillis concert!

We saw the Oakridge Boys!

We saw American Bandstand (Fabian, Bobby V, Chris Montez & Brian Hyland)

We toured the Ripley's Believe it Or Not!
After Mo Bandy's concert, Darlene posed with Mo Bandy!

Me posing with Mo Bandy!


Darlene checking out Hannibal Lector in the Hollywood Wax Museum.

I was blessed and got to visit with one of my bestfriends from high school. Hadn't seen Debbie for probably 20 years!
We visited the Titanic exhibit. Darlene is admiring the ships model!
Standing at the top of the "famous staircase"!
We caught a matinee of the Ozark Mountain Jubilee. They were hilarious!

We watched Spirit Of The Dance...talk about having energy!
Darlene's whole purpose of Branson was to see the Daniel O'Donnell concert. His wife Majella just released a new CD. Darlene got an autographed CD of her new cd. And this is how thoughtful she was. I asked her if she wanted her picture taken with Daniel O'Donnell and she said that she had been to several of his concerts and had already had her picture taken with him & that she thought that other people should have the same opportunity.

I was lucky to get a picture & autograph from Majella!

I was also lucky to get a picture taken with Daniel O'Donnell.


Finally, we headed back for Oklahoma. We had one more stop. We stopped in Carthage, MO to see the Precious Moments Chapel. It is absolutely incredible! It humbles you.

Inside the Chapel
I took this picture because at the time it reminded me of my son who is in the military.

Darlene & I posing inside the Precious Moments Exhibit.

On a personal note: Darlene, I miss you! Thank you for teaching me to live like I mean it!

Well, that's it for now. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear about your trip! Next time you are in the area, come by Cosmic Cavern located between Eureka Springs and Branson - you went right by it! According to the Eureka Springs Chamber of Commerce, it is in the top 5 things to do in the area!

suegjohnso said...

Kim,
Thanks for posting the pictures. It still hurts to think that we can never talk to her, but boy did she have fun on that trip. You were a great friend and one she valued very much. Take Care,
Susan