Thursday, January 3, 2008

January 3, 2008 Thursday

My daughter comes home tonight from Washington. I hope she had a great time! She deserves it. Her puppy has sure missed her!

One of the perks that I get when I travel to Iowa, is, besides spending time with my mom, I also get to spend time with my sister & her family too. My sister is very creative & talented. She has her own business & also is a vendor at many craft shows. She lets me go with her to many of her shows. They are fun to go to... I get to see so many talented people's crafts. So tonight, that I am going to show you some pictures of her embroidery & weaving. She also digitizes designs for her embroidery machine for customers. She is VERY good! Her website is: http://www.weaversgifts.com/ if you're curious.

This is just some of what she does.


Besides embroidering, she weaves her rugs on a loom, sews fur purses, knits scarves & washclothes, and makes candles & knick-knacks.


This is her booth in Sioux City, IA

She was being interviewed in Sioux City by a tv reporter.

She was demonstrating how she looms for the camera.

This more of her work.


She let me tag along with her to a show in Des Moines, IA

We stayed at the Heartland Inn.

Another view of her booth.

This is her booth at the Clay County Fair in Spencer, IA


Another view of her booth.


Her embroidery machine.


She was doing a special request for a customer.


Her booth is in the Grandstands.
Well, that's all for tonight. Have a great day! Later!!!!

No comments: